Thursday, December 02, 2004
 

Muslims seek ban on 'Submission II'

Just a month after Theo van Gogh was murdered because of his film Submission, muslims in the Netherlands attempt to silence his co-producer.
Several Muslims in the Netherlands are seeking a court injunction to prevent MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali making a sequel to the short film "Submission".

Lawyer Robert Moszkowicz said Tuesday that the group he represents also want Hirsi Ali banned from making hurtful remarks about Muslims and Islam.

Moszkowicz noted Hirsi Ali recently described Islam as "deadly dangerous" without making a distinction between fundamentalist Islam and Islam in general.

It is expected the case will be heard by a court in The Hague, but it is unclear when this will take place.
Here's a December 2003 interview with Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
If I were to say the things that I say now in the Dutch Parliament in Somalia, I would be killed.

I wish I could go back, and I would love to go back, even if it's just to see my parents and brother.

But I can't go back, because the situation is that I have said things about the Islamic religion, I have said things about my past, I have said things about the Prophet Mohammed and his message about women.

By saying these things, I think I would be seeking danger if I went back to Somalia.

I'm not intimidated by the threats and the attempts to make me shut my mouth, because living in a rich western European country like this one, I have protection that I otherwise would not have in Somalia or in Africa or in any other Islamic country.

So I am going to make use of this huge opportunity - that I am protected and I can say what I want, that it gets published and spread, and that I am a voice in parliament for these women.

See the film Submission here.


Powered by Blogger